Thursday, February 26, 2009

Consuming >:D

Today, my headphones broke.
My second pair of $30 Skullcandy low riders broke.
I used to have earbuds, but GUESS WHAT, those broke too.
And my first pair of low riders....I stepped on.

Why am I complaining?
Its not because I have no fucking clue what to write about today, but because consumers buy things because they look good. So, Skullcandies are some of the coolest looking headphones around, but when it comes to quality, they're HORRIBLE! One of my teachers said that America is like the 'shiny object' country. We tend to change obsessions quickly and look at whatever is most interesting. Like pop culture. That's why rags like People are getting so much money; people want to hear about Brangelina and Brittany in rehab again. Not only do we love pop culture, we love to buy things. People will go out and buy a $300 iPod Touch and then the 'new and improved' version comes out...uh oh, got to go buy that one too. Its so easy to make tons of money with technology now. Just come up with a new version of your last product. People will buy it. I'm not saying I shy away from these things (although I don't read pop culture magazines), I like to hear about the hilarious photos the paparatzi caught, I also like to know about the latest version of *insert product here*. I don't stay up to date, but every now and then its good to solve my boredom.
Moral of the ranting blog post: don't buy Skullcandies.

Song of the Day: Two Times by the Blakes
Photo of the Day: Bite Me. by t0x 1c-d0LLy
Drawing of the Day: ticket to ride by stain-boy
Quote of the Day: "The trouble with coins is, when one face is up, the other face is down" from Ender's Game

No comments:

Post a Comment